Gong History & The Mystery of Gong (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by Gong ~ Angel's Egg (Radio Gnome Invisible, Pt. 2) [EMI] ~ $10.78
- by Gong ~ You (Radio Gnome Invisible, Pt. 3) [Virgin Bonus Track] ~ $11.65
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 27, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: NMC Music
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Intro (from Christmas Party 1973)
- 2.Captain Shaw And Mr. Gilbert (Recorded by Daevid in 1964)
- 3.Love Makes Sweet Music (Daevid Allen & Soft Machine Radio Broadcast 1968)
- 4.Riot 1969 (with Soft Machine in France plus DLT Interview)
- 5.Dreaming It (Earliest Live Recording of Gong 1969)
- 6.I Feel So Lazy (Live in Los Angeles 1972)
- 7.And I Tried So Hard (Live in Los Angeles 1972)
- 8.Radio Gnome Pre-Mix (Studio Outtake 1973)
- 9.Pot Head Pixies (Live 1973)
- 10.Clarence In Wonderland (Radio Session with Kevin Ayers)
- 11.Where Have All The Flowers Gone (Recorded in Deva, Spain 1976)
- 12.Gong Poem (Recorded with Clive Williamson 1976)
- 13.Deya Goddess (Recorded in Deva, Spain 1976)
- 14.Opium For The People (Studio Version Sung in French)
- 15.Red Alert (Recorded in Wales 1980 with Mother Gong)
- 16.13-8 (Studio Session 1981)
- 17.Gliss U-Well (Studio Session 1981 with Didier from the Tape "Words Fail Me")
- 18.Future (Taken from Australian Tape-Only Release "Living On The Brink")
- 19.The Dream (Australia 1985)
- 20.Chernobyl Rain (Kansas Mix Invisible Opera Co.)
- 21.Let Me Be The One (Recorded Live in Glastonbury 1988)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I Am A Tree
- 2.Lament For The Future Of The Forest
- 4.Unseen Ally
- 5.La Dea Madri
- 6.The Owly Song
- 7.I Am My Own Lover
- 8.Tudor Love Poem
THE HISTORY & THE MYSTERY contains various rare studio, radio and live tracks performed by Gong and/or it's individual members, recorded between 1964 and 1988. Also includes a history of Gong written in 1989 by Babs Kirk.
Gong includes: Daevid Allen, Gilli Smyth.
Additional personnel includes: Soft Machine, Kevin Ayers.
Live and in-studio space-jams, outtakes, demos, basement tapes, and vibrant spoken-word poetry--from random points of Gong's career up to 1989--share real estate on this eclectic, challenging, and beefy 22-track collection. Members of Soft Machine put in appearances, but the record belongs to the sprawling, amorphous, and ever-changing permutations of Daevid Allen's Gong.
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE