Dirty Dancing (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
by Various Artists
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.14 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.84 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 1, 2007
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: RCA
- 1.Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes(I've Had) The Time Of My Life
- 2.The RonettesBe My Baby
- 3.Patrick Swayze (feat. Wendy Fraser)She's Like The Wind
- 4.Eric CarmenHungry Eyes
- 5.Maurice White & The ZodiacsStay
- 6.Merry ClaytonYes
- 7.The Blow MonkeysYou Don't Own Me
- 8.Bruce ChannelHey Baby
- 10.Mickey And SylviaLove Is Strange
- 11.Tom JohnstonWhere Are You Tonight
- 12.The Five Satins(I'll Remember) In The Still Of The Night
Contains both DIRTY DANCING and MORE DIRTY DANCING.
Digitally remastered by Michael Fuller (1999, Fullersound, Miami, Florida).
Audio Remasterers: Joseph M. Palmaccio; Mark Wilder.
Audio Remixers: Jimmy Ienner; George Sipl; Dan Nebenzal; Jim DeMain; Michael Lloyd ; Carmine Rubino.
Recording information: Beachwood Recording Studios, Beachwood, OH; Michael Lloyd Studio, Los Angeles, CA; Studio In The Country, Bogolusa, LA; The Village Recorder, Los Angeles, CA; Town House III Studio, London, England; Wellsley Sound Studios, Toronto, Canada.
Author: Jimmy Ienner.
Arrangers: Gene Page; John d'Andrea; Michael Lloyd .
Dirty Dancing was a late-'80s phenomenon that will not die. The movie was a smash and the soundtrack was too, spawning several hit singles as well as causing a lot of overdue interest in some great oldies. The Legacy edition of Dirty Dancing is a remastered, resequenced, and redesigned revisitation of the soundtrack and the music from the film. In fact, the disc presents all the songs that appeared in the movie in the order that they appeared and includes a handful of songs from the film's score. The music is a blend of '60s classics like the always wonderful "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes, "Cry to Me" by Solomon Burke, and "Love Is Strange" by Mickey & Sylvia and emotional '80s tunes from Eric Carmen, Tom Johnston, the film's leading man Patrick Swayze, and of course Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes, whose "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" was a mega-hit that was everywhere in the late '80s. The songs from the score are from the dance instruction scenes at the beginning of the movie, and while they aren't much to listen to, they do help the flow of the soundtrack. Anyone who loved the film and the soundtrack will love this disc as well. [The 20th anniversary edition includes all the music from the film, along with a previously unreleased piece of Michael Lloyd's score, "Gazebo Waltz."] ~ Tim Sendra
It's Hard But It's Fair: King Hits and Rarities (CD)(2)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 33 ratings.
Based on 33 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 31,462
- UPC: 828766955422
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Soundtracks genre:
- Whitney Houston / Mariah Carey When You Believe (from "The Prince Of Egypt") [2-Track CD Single] ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Soundtrack River's Edge (Soundtrack Album) (LP) ~ $8.98
- Soundtrack Amadeus (2 LP) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Various Artists The Inkwell (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Freejack (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE