Mott The Hoople All The Young Dudes (Bonus Tracks)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.67 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.32 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 21, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - p.703.5 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he heavy riffs and hand claps of 'Sucker' and guitarist Mick Ralphs' stadium-ready sludge fest 'Ready for Love/After Lights' gave that Bowie-produced album its vital variety."
Rolling Stone - 12/7/72, p.63"...an extravagant amount of power-driven, rock & roll....they're bound to make it on the strength of this record..."
Uncut - p.1145 stars out of 5 -- "[Bowie's] studio craft sheered up their sound, highlighting Ian Hunter's more focused material..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1254 stars out of 5 -- "'Momma's Little Jewel' and a cover of 'Sweet Jane' reveal staying power."
- 1.Sweet Jane
- 2.Momma's Little Jewel
- 3.All The Young Dudes
- 5.Jerkin' Crocus
- 6.One Of The Boys
- 7.Soft Ground
- 8.Ready For Love / Afterlights
- 9.Sea Diver
- 10.One Of The Boys (Bonus Track: Demo Version)
- 11.Black Scorpio (Bonus Track: Demo Version)
- 12.Ride On The Sun (Bonus Track: Demo Version)
- 13.One Of The Boys (UK Single Version)
- 14.All The Young Dudes (with David Bowie & Ian Hunter Vocals)
- 16.Sweet Jane
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes bonus tracks.
In 1973, the members of Mott the Hoople were tired. Island Records had dropped the band after three albums, as sales were low and audience interest was almost non-existent. But the band had a famous fan in David Bowie, who offered to write them one single to give them a leg up. That single was the chart-topping "All the Young Dudes," a glitter-era wink-wink celebration of male bonding that name-checked chart-toppers T. Rex and repositioned the once-laddish band as glammy, androgynous scenesters. Obviously, an album was called for.
Produced by Bowie and opening with a smoking cover of "Sweet Jane" that played a major role in raising public awareness of the Velvet Underground, ALL THE YOUNG DUDES is a brassy, loud, obnoxious--in the best possible sense--rock & roll album. "Sucker" and "One of the Boys" recall the hit, while "Jerkin' Crocus" and "Sea Diver" are as odd as the band's earlier material. An amazing mid-career transformation.
Ultimate Hits of the 70s/80s/90s (3-CD Bundle Pack)
$16.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Count Basie Blues By Basie / Dance Parade (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE