- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: A&E Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menu
A&E's Biography takes an up-close look at the most notorious U.S. President of the 20th-century, Richard M. Nixon.
From Mozart to Malcolm X, from Nostradamus to Nixon, and from Jesus to Jefferson, the A&E "Biography" series peels back the personas of the famous, revealing the people inside.
"Richard Nixon: Man and President" shows how he escaped his humble, small-town roots and ultimately joined the Republican party. From there, he served as a Senator, witch- hunting suspected Communists with colleague Joseph McCarthy.
Though he later ran as Vice President with Eisenhower, he suffered a loss to JFK in the 1960 election. But Nixon ultimately seized his own term in the Oval Office. However, his ties to the Watergate burglary finally gave him the dubious distinction as the only American president ever to resign from office.
This series illuminates historical figures in both their public and private lives.
- Additional credits: Bill Harris (A&E director of documentary programming) and Michael Cascio (A&E executive producer).
- Copyright 1996 ABC News Productions.