- Released: August 2, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Varese Sarabande
- 1.How Can We Thank Him For What He Has Done
- 2.White Dove
- 3.My Lord's Gonna Set Me Free
- 4.I'll Meet You in Church Sunday Morning
- 5.He Said If I Be Lifted Up
- 6.Wings of Angels
- 7.Are You Afraid to Die
- 8.Old Daniel Prayed
- 9.This Wicked Path of Sin
- 10.Mother's Footsteps Guide Me On
- 11.When Jesus Beckon's Me Home
- 12.Purple Robe
- 13.I'll Not Be a Stranger
- 14.Mother Left Me Her Bible
- 15.Rock of Ages
- 16.I Saw the Light
- 17.What a Friend
- 18.I'm Ready to Go
The Stanley Brothers: Ralph Stanley, Carter Stanley (vocals); Bill Napier (guitar, background vocals); George Shuffler (bass instrument, background vocals).
Personnel: Al Elliot, Curley Lambert (guitar, mandolin); Carter Stanley (guitar); Ralph Stanley (banjo); Bill Napier (mandolin); Ralph Mayo (fiddle).
Liner Note Author: Bill Dahl.
Recording information: 02/10/1959-05/??/1960.
A large portion of this collection (10 of its 18 songs) was taken from the Stanley Brothers' first all-religious album, 1959's HYMNS AND SACRED SONGS; the rest of the tracks were recorded in September of that same year. Both sessions feature the fine playing and formidable multi-part harmonies of the Clinch Mountain Boys, marked by a cohesive sound and sparkling, impassioned performances. Naturally, Carter's guitar playing and stirring lead vocals and Ralph's deft banjo playing and high-flown tenor are front and center throughout. Those familiar only with the Stanleys' secular material will want to give this a listen.