Bee Gees One Night Only (Live)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 5, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Rhino
Entertainment Weekly - 11/27/98, p.84"...Thirty-six years on, the Bee Gees--castrati moments aside--look and sound great." - Rating: B+
- 1.Intro - You Should Be Dancing / Alone
- 3.To Love Somebody
- 5.Closer Than Close
- 6.Islands In The Stream
- 7.Our Love (Don't Throw It All Away)
- 8.Night Fever / More Than A Woman
- 9.Lonely Days
- 10.New York Mining Disaster 1941
- 11.I Can't See Nobody
- 12.And The Sun Will Shine
- 13.Nights On Broadway
- 14.How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- 17.Bee Gees (feat. Celine Dion)Immortality
- 19.I Started A Joke
- 21.Jive Talkin'
- 22.How Deep Is Your Love
- 23.Stayin' Alive
- 24.You Should Be Dancing
The Bee Gees: Maurice Gibb (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Barry Gibb (vocals, guitar); Robin Gibb (vocals).
Additional personnel: Andy Gibb, Celine Dion, Frankie Valli (vocals); Stephen Gibb, Alan Kendall (guitar); Ben Stivers (keyboards); Matt Bonelli (bass); Steve Rucker (drums, percussion).
Recorded live at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada on November 14, 1997.
All tracks have been digitally mastered using HDCD technology.
Bee Gees: Maurice Gibb, Robin Gibb, Barry Gibb.
Additional personnel: Andy Gibb.
This aural document of the 1998 concert that was broadcast exclusively on HBO serves double duty as a career resume for the Gibb brothers. The trio may be a little long in the tooth, and the top end of Barry's Aussie-soul-man falsetto may have lost a bit, but the group's trademark harmonies are still up to snuff. They wisely forgo any attempt at heady "artistic statements" in favor of that time-honored practice, playing the hits. By the '90s, the Bee Gees had attained "survivor" status, so just showing up was enough to endear them to the assembled faithful. Fortunately for listeners, the band's songs (the selection runs from the '60s through the '90s) stand the test of time quite well, and the Gibbs are still showmen enough to put their compositions across with a genuine sense of excitement. The concert being the media event it was, fans will likely forgive their heroes for the Celine Dion guest appearance.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 117 ratings.
Based on 117 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE