Atlantic Unearthed: Soul Brothers
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Tammi Terrell ~ Come on and See Me: The Complete Solo Collection (2-CD) ~ $35.98
- by Bettye LaVette ~ Take Another Little Piece of My Heart ~ $12.58
- by William Bell ~ The Very Best of William Bell ~ $9.88
- Released: June 20, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Atlantic
Uncut - p.1045 stars out of 5 -- "Arthur Conley's 1967 cover of Sam Cooke's 'Rome' , inexplicably unreleased, is pure gospel-cum-soul archetype."
Living Blues - p.70"[With] many overlooked soul gems....Arthur Conley, Percy Sledge, and Donny Hathaway are also represented with newly released performances."
- 1.Wilson PickettCan't Stop A Man In Love
- 2.Bobby WomackHow Does It Feel
- 3.Sam & DaveYou Left The Water Running
- 4.Arthur ConleyRome (Wasn't Built In A Day)
- 5.Percy WigginsBook Of Memories
- 6.The Soul ClanThat's How It Feels
- 7.Otis ReddingI Love You More Than Words Can Say
- 8.Percy SledgeBaby, Baby, Baby
- 9.James CarrHold On
- 10.Otis ClayPouring Water On A Drowning Man
- 11.Mighty SamLovebones
- 12.Darrell BanksThe Love Of My Woman
- 13.Walter JacksonColdest Days Of My Life
- 14.R.B. GreavesWhiter Shade Of Pale
- 15.Carl HallChange With The Seasons
- 16.Donny HathawayWhat A Woman Really Means
Audio Remasterer: Daniel Hersch.
Recording information: 06/1967-01/1973.
Arrangers: Dale Warren; Donny Hathaway; Tom Washington; Harrison Calloway; Tony Camillo; Wade Marcus; Bernard Reed.
Similar to the CELLAR FULL OF MOTOWN volumes, ATLANTIC UNEARTHED collects rare tracks from the label's biggest soul stars and should-have-been-hits from more obscure artists. The SOUL BROTHERS edition naturally focuses on the fellas, and offers previously unreleased and hard-to-find nuggets from legends like Wilson Pickett, Percy Sledge, Otis Redding, and Donny Hathaway. The collection's true worth, however, comes through via the obscurities. Among the standouts are Darrell Bank's "The Love of a Woman," Northern Soul favorite Percy Wiggins's Otis-lite "Book of Memories," and R.B. Greaves's gospelized version of Procol Harum's "Whiter Shade of Pale." Also, soul/R&B lovers will be ecstatic to see the previously unreleased James Carr cut "Hold On." Recorded during a brief session he did for Atlantic, the song--like all of Carr's recordings--drips with both hurt and heart. Culled from recordings made between 1967 and 1972, ATLANTIC UNEARTHED is simply a must-have for soul collectors, and it certainly won't do wrong by casual fans either.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!