- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 11, 2008
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: Ais
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 01/16/1980
"...[A] well-made suspenser....John Carpenter demonstrates he has a finger right on the pulse of today's film-going public..."
Sight and Sound - 10/01/2004
"[D]ensely atmospheric....Carpenter evokes a real sense of menace..."
Uncut - 11/01/2004
"[A] classic supernatural thriller....Masterful."
A.V. Club - 07/31/2013
"THE FOG has more beautifully haunting images than ten likeminded ghost stories -- sights of supernatural menace and communal terror that, upon its 1980 release, fully confirmed John Carpenter's status..."
As Antonio Bay celebrates its 100th anniversary, an old tale of a shipwreck comes horrifyingly real as its victims come out of the thick fog wreaking revenge on the inhabitants of the small town.
Small Towns |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical release: February 8, 1980.
- Filmed in Inverness, California.
- The coroner's name is Dr. Phibes, which is another homage from director John Carpenter to the Hammer Studios, which produced a horror film called THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES starring Vincent Price.
Adrienne Barbeau was married to John Carpenter at the time of filming.
John Carpenter's band, The Coupe De Villes, plays a song in the beginning of the film.