- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 59 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 26, 2011
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
"This is the film that, above all, increased my knowledge of the trade. I learned how to organize a film," director Richard Fleischer said about Follow Me Quietly
. The filmmaker learned well: his subsequent career included the film noir gem The Narrow Margin
, the family favorite 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
and the sci-fi milestone Soylent Green
William Lundigan stars in Follow Me Quietly as a cop on the trail of an elusive serial killer who strikes when darkness and rain fall. Anthony Mann shares a credit for the story, a tale similar to his work (uncredited) on the previous year's He Walked by Night. Slip into the shadows (cinematography by The Body Snatcher's Robert de Grasse creates a sinister mood). Embrace the night. Follow into classic noir.
FOLLOW ME QUIETLY is unique film noir in which a psychotic killer, known as the Judge, ends the lives of those he deems unworthy. Police use information from witnesses to create a life-size mannequin of their quarry which they keep in the station; setting the stage for a daring switcheroo. The film features a great performance by William Lundigan as the obsessed detective.
Theatrical Release |
- FOLLOW ME QUIETLY was released in 1949.
- FOLLOW ME QUIETLY was edited by Elmo Williams who, over the years, worked with director Richard Fleischer in a number of capacities. Williams was Fleischer's editor on BODYGUARD (1948) and 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA (1954), his second unit director on THE VIKINGS (1958), his director of photography for the African action sequences on THE BIG GAMBLE (1961), and produced TORA! TORA! TORA!, which Fleischer co-directed with Kinji Fukasaku and Toshio Masuda in 1970.