Follow Me Quietly (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
|You Save:||$3.60 (20% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 59 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 26, 2011
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Dorothy Patrick, Jeff Corey, Nestor Paiva, Charles D. Brown, Paul Guilfoyle, Edwin Max & Paul Guilfoyle|
|Directed by||Richard Fleischer|
|Edited by||Elmo Williams|
|Screenwriting by||Lillie Hayward|
|Composition by||Leonid Raab|
|Cinematography by||Robert de Grasse|
|Art Direction by||Albert S. D'Agostino & Walter E. Keller|
|Story by||Anthony Mann & Francis Rosenwald|
|Produced by||Herman Schlom|
Description by OLDIES.com:
William Lundigan stars in Follow Me Quietly as a cop on the trail of an elusive serial killer who strikes when darkness and rain fall. Anthony Mann shares a credit for the story, a tale similar to his work (uncredited) on the previous year's He Walked by Night. Slip into the shadows (cinematography by The Body Snatcher's Robert de Grasse creates a sinister mood). Embrace the night. Follow into classic noir.
FOLLOW ME QUIETLY is a taut, 59-minute thriller--one in a series made by director Richard Fleischer early in his career. When the police construct a dummy to help identify the Judge, Fleischer produces a moment of genuine frisson--the dummy is slumped in a chair when, unseen by the police, it suddenly moves. FOLLOW ME QUIETLY is also notable for the acerbic performance by Corey--one of the great American supporting actors (LITTLE BIG MAN, BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID)--and for the climax, shot on location, when the police finally confront the Judge.
- FOLLOW ME QUIETLY was released in 1949.
- FOLLOW ME QUIETLY was edited by Elmo Williams who, over the years, worked with director Richard Fleischer in a number of capacities. Williams was Fleischer's editor on BODYGUARD (1948) and 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA (1954), his second unit director on THE VIKINGS (1958), his director of photography for the African action sequences on THE BIG GAMBLE (1961), and produced TORA! TORA! TORA!, which Fleischer co-directed with Kinji Fukasaku and Toshio Masuda in 1970.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 50,354
- UPC: 883316316771
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Hal Roach's Early Pathe Comedies (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Night of Medusa (2016) / Slave Girls on the Moon (2014) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Climax! Volume 1 - The Volcano Seat/Scream in Silence (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.