Country's 20 Classic Gospel: Songs of the Century
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.64 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 4, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: New Haven
- 1.I Know Who Holds Tomorrow - Alison Krauss
- 2.Go Rest High on That Mountain - Vince Gill
- 3.Farther Along - Dolly Parton / Emmylou Harris / Linda Ronstadt
- 4.Children Go (Where I Send Thee) - Ricky Skaggs
- 5.Precious Memories - Tammy Wynette
- 6.Uncloudy Day - Willie Nelson
- 7.Amazing Grace - The Statler Brothers
- 8.Coat of Many Colors - Dolly Parton
- 9.Medley: Take My Hand, Precious Lord / Jesus Hold My Hand: Jesus Hold My Hand / Precious Lord, Take My Hand - Merle Haggard
- 10.How Great Thou Art - Connie Smith
- 11.Were You There (When They Crucified My Lord) - Johnny Cash
- 12.Crying in the Chapel - Elvis Presley
- 13.Wings of a Dove - Ferlin Husky
- 14.Life's Railway to Heaven - Patsy Cline
- 15.In the Garden - Jim Reeves
- 16.Old Rugged Cross, The - Tennessee Ernie Ford
- 17.Peace in the Valley - Red Foley / Sunshine Boys
- 18.Angel Band - The Stanley Brothers
- 19.Can the Circle Be Unbroken (Bye and Bye) - The Carter Family
- 20.I Saw the Light - Hank Williams
Full title: Country's 20 Classic Gospel Songs Of The Century.
Liner Note Author: John W. Rumble.
Arrangers: Don Reid; Emmylou Harris; Harold Reid; Jimmy Fortune; John Starling; Johnny Cash; Merle Haggard; Philip Balsley; Ralph Stanley; Ricky Skaggs; W.S. Stevenson; Willie Nelson.
This is one of the better collections of country gospel out there, and it favors classic country artists as well. While Alison Krauss and the Cox Family open it with "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow," other than Vince Gill there are no currently charting Nash Vegas acts in the set. And yes, that is a good thing. Instead, listeners get Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton, and Linda Ronstadt singing "Farther Along," Tammy Wynette offering "Precious Memories," Johnny Cash's "Were You There When They Crucified My Lord?," and tracks from Willie Nelson ("Uncloudy Day"), a medley from Merle Haggard, and many more. The remastered sound is beautiful, and to hear Jim Reeves, Patsy Cline, the Stanley Brothers, Ferlin Husky, Red Foley, Hank Williams, the Carters, Ricky Skaggs, Elvis Presley, and Connie Smith on one set, all singing the greatest tunes in the country gospel canon for a budget price, is almost too good to be true. Get this one ~ Thom Jurek
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!