Gladys Knight & The Pips Gold (2-CD)
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 23, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Hip-O Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.De Kalb Blues
- 2.Looky, Looky Yonder / Black Betty / On A Monday (Yellow Women's Doorbells)
- 3.The Bourgeois Blues
- 4.Po' Howard / Green Corn
- 5.Gallows Pole (Gallis Pole)
- 6.How Long Blues (with Sonny Terry)
- 7.Goodnight Irene
- 8.No Good Rider (Noted Rider)
- 9.Big Fat Woman
- 10.Bottle Up And Go (Borrow Love And Go)
- 11.John Hardy (Version 1: Accordion)
- 12.Bring Me Lil' Water Sylvie
- 13.Julie Ann Johnson
- 14.Linin' Track (Line 'Em)
- 15.Whoa Back Buck
- 17.Black Gal (Where Did You Sleep Last Night?)
- 18.Yellow Gal
- 19.When The Boys Were On The Western Plain
- 20.Pretty Flowers In Your Backyard
- 21.In New Orleans
- 22.John Hardy (Version 2)
- 23.I've A Pretty Flower (with Josh White) ('Pretty Flowers' Version 2)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.On And On
- 2.The Way We Were / Try To Remember
- 4.Part Time Love
- 5.Make Yours A Happy Home
- 6.So Sad The Song
- 7.Baby Don't Change Your Mind
- 9.Save The Overtime (For Me)
- 10.You're Number One (In My Book)
- 11.Hero (aka Wind Beneath My Wings)
- 12.Send It To Me (From 'Miami Vice II')
- 13.Love Overboard (Single Edit)
- 14.Lovin' On Next To Nothin'
- 15.Gladys KnightLicense To Kill (From 'License To Kill')
- 16.Gladys KnightMen
- 17.Gladys Knight (feat. Dionne Warwick & Patti LaBelle)Superwoman
Audio Remasterer: Mark Wilder.
Liner Note Author: Brian Chin .
Recording information: Pine Knob Music Theatre, Detroit, MI.
Photographers: Norman Seeff; David Redfern; Randee Saint Nicholas.
Arrangers: Rich Tufo; Don Hannah; H.B. Barnum; Kenny Kerner; Michael Masser; Michael Omartian; Narada Michael Walden; Paul Riser; Richie Wise; Artie Butler; Tony Camillo; Joe Guercio.
The consistently excellent two-disc GOLD series does it again with this superbly selected and compiled Gladys Knight and the Pips collection. The 39 tracks here stretch back to the group's early-'60s material, with cuts like "Every Beat of My Heart" and "Giving Up" hinting at both the Motown and doo-wop traditions. By the 1970s, the group had settled into a more smoothly soulful sound, complete with strings and horn arrangements.
That sound kicked off the string of hits the group is best known for, among them "Midnight Train to Georgia," "I've Got To Use My Imagination," and "Neither One of Us (Want to Be the First to Say Goodbye)." Those tracks are included here, of course, along with their '80s dance-oriented chart hits--"Save the Overtime (For Me);" "Love Overboard"--and some of Knight's solo releases from the late '80s and early '90s. The set offers a wonderful overview of the group's long career, with Knight's rich, expressive voice and the Pips' tight harmonies shining brightly throughout.
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Dance with the Contours (Featuring Unissued Motown... (CD)(3)
$14.81 Super Savings
Love Makes the World Go Round: The Motown Collection (CD)(2)
$8.98 Super Savings
Love & Beauty [Love & Beauty...Plus - 25 Tracks] (CD)(3)
$11.12 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE