- Rated: Unrated
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 16, 2008
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Castaway Pictures
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Special Edition
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A gripping story of love & adventure set in Malta during the Second World War. A British pilot's love for a beautiful Maltese girl is sorely tried by the desperate war situation which threatens both of their lives.
This British wartime drama focuses on the crucial battle for control of Malta.
Lieutenant Peter Ross, a Royal Air Force reconnaissance photographer, gets shot down over Malta while flying to Egypt. Since he cannot get off the island, the British forces there employ his talents to help defeat the Nazis.
Ross sets out to find and photograph the location of the Nazi forces attacking the island -- but he still finds time to fall in love with Maria, a local girl.
The film mixes archival combat footage with documentary-style reenactments to create a realistic portrayal of the historic battle.
- A Theta Film/British Film Makers production. Presented by the J. Arthur Rank Organization.
- Additional cast: Stuart Burge (Paolo), Harold Siddons (Matthews), Colin Loudan (O'Connor), Edward Chaffers (Stripey) and Jerry Desmonde (General).
- The film was partially filmed on location in Malta.