- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 17, 2002
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 09/14/1983
"...A slick, naïve, chic, maddening, sometimes very beautiful movie....An oddball and...entertaining trip."
Variety - 10/06/1982
"...Awe-inspiring with its sweeping aerial wilderness photography..."
Titled from a Hopi Indian word meaning "life out of balance," this unusual, lyrical film suggests that humanity is an ugly blight on the face of this beautiful planet. An awesome epic undersold by an adjective like "powerful." Sequel: POWAQQATSI.
Essential Cinema |
Music Video |
- KOYAANISQATSI was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 2000.