Little Milton Stax Profiles
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: April 25, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Stax
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Let Me Down Easy (Live)
- $1.29 on iTunes2.I Can't Quit You Baby (Live)
- $1.29 on iTunes3.That's What Love Will Make You Do
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Walkin' The Back Streets And Crying
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Blind Man (Live)
- $1.29 on iTunes6.The Thrill Is Gone
- $0.99 on iTunes7.If That Ain't A Reason (For Your Woman To Leave You)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Behind Closed Doors
- $0.99 on iTunes9.If You Talk In Your Sleep
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Tin Pan Alley
- $0.99 on iTunes11.I've Living Off The Love You Give Me
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Blue Monday
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Lovin' Stick
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Little Bluebird
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Little Milton (vocals); Bobby Manuel (guitar); The Memphis Horns (horns); Lester Snell (keyboards); Big Joe Turner (bass guitar); Caleb Emphry, Al Jackson, Jr. (drums).
Though he had a patchy recording career, the guitarist and singer Little Milton was a master at performing slow blues, and it's this aspect of his music that is highlighted in this entry in the STAX PROFILES series. Classics like "Blue Monday," "Walking the Back Streets and Crying," and "Little Bluebird" (check out the remarkable extended vocal note just before the fade on the latter track) feature Milton's vocals at their finely expressive best, and while his guitar playing isn't as instantly recognizable as, say, B.B. King's or his fellow Stax label mate Albert King, it's creative, funky, and often stunningly subtle.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE