Hip Hop: Gold (2-CD)
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.99 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 25, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Hip-O Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Sugarhill GangRapper's Delight
- 2.The BreaksThe Breaks
- 3.Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic ForcePlanet Rock
- 4.Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five feat. Melle Mel & Duke BooteeThe Message
- 5.Run-D.M.C.It's Tricky
- 6.Kool Moe DeeWild Wild West
- 7.Rob Base & DJ E-Z RockIt Takes Two
- 8.Eric B. & RakimFollow The Leader
- 9.EPMDStrictly Business
- 10.Ice-TI'm Your Pusher
- 11.De La Soul feat. Jungle Brothers, Q-Tip, Phife, Queen Latifah & Monie LoveBuddy
- 12.Main SourceLooking At The Front Door
- 13.DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh PrinceSummertime
- 14.Naughty By NatureO.P.P.
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.3rd BassPop Goes The Weasel
- 2.Black SheepThe Choice Is Yours (Revisited)
- 3.Nice & SmoothSometimes I Rhyme Slow
- 4.Arrested DevelopmentTennessee
- 5.Gang StarrTake It Personal
- 6.The PharcydePassin' Me By
- 7.Wreckx-N-EffectRump Shaker
- 9.Queen LatifahU.N.I.T.Y.
- 10.DominoGetto Jam
- 11.Warren G & Nate DoggRegulate
- 12.Bone Thugs-N-HarmonyTha Crossroads
- 13.Public Enemy feat. Stephen StillsHe Got Game
- 15.CommonThe Light
- 16.DJ Shadow feat. Mos DefSix Days
- 17.The Roots feat. Cody ChesnuttThe Seed (2.0)
- 18.The Black Eyed PeasHey Mama
Audio Mixer: Arthur Baker.
Audio Remixer: DJ Shadow.
Liner Note Author: Tom Terrell.
Author: MC Wonder Mike.
Photographers: Steve Double; Jeffrey Kane; Michael Wifling; Michael Malfer; Michael Schreiber; Angela Boatright; Eugene Adebari; Michael Benabib; Robin Kaplan; Monique Bunn; Ernie Paniccioli; David Corio; Janette Beckman.
Arrangers: DJ Shadow; J.B. Moore; Larry Smith .
Hip-O's Hip Hop: Gold, which looks a lot like a halved version of the same label's four-disc Hip Hop Box, is one of those garden-variety compilations that matches each good pick with a couple questionable picks that look a lot like lazy blunders. On this double-disc set, you get a few tracks that have appeared on well over 100 titles (such as "Rapper's Delight," "The Message," and "Planet Rock"), along with several others that will someday reach that milestone (such as Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock's "It Takes Two," Arrested Development's "Tennessee," and Naughty by Nature's "O.P.P."). A few picks make for bizarre representations of the groups in question. How many Public Enemy fans would pick "He Got Game" as one of the group's ten best tracks? Why is EPMD present in the form of "Strictly Business" instead of just about any other form? That said, there's no denying that most of these tracks should be owned by every hip-hop fanatic, or at least any hip-hop fanatic who quit paying attention once the South began to truly rise (unsurprisingly, there are only a few tentative and peculiar tracks picked from the late '90s and early 2000s). ~ Andy Kellman
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!