The Great Raid
Two proud races, brothers-in-arms... A daring mission that will earn them the respect and admiration
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Also released as:
The Great Raid (Blu-ray) for $7.99
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 13 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 16, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Miramax Lionsgate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - Englishl
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "The Veterans Remember"
- Alternate Scenes: Deleted Scenes (w/ Optional Commentary)
- Audio Commentary: Including John Dahl - Director; Captain Dale Dye - Technical Advisor; Hampton Sides - Source Writer
- Behind the Scenes:
- "Captain Dale Dye's Boot Camp"
- "The Price Of Freedom: Making THE GREAT RAID"
- "Mixing THE GREAT RAID"
- Additional Interactive Features:
- War In The Pacific Interactive Timeline
- The Mix Board With Special Audio Options
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Benjamin Bratt & James Franco|
|Performer:||Robert Mammone, Max Martini, Joseph Fiennes, Marton Csokas, Natalie Mendoza & Dale Dye|
|Directed by||John Dahl|
|Edited by||Pietro Scalia & Scott Chestnut|
|Screenwriting by||Carlo Bernard & Doug Miro|
|Composition by||Trevor Rabin|
|Produced by||Harvey Weinstein, Bob Weinstein, Jonathan Gordon, Lawrence Bender & Marty Katz|
|Director of Photography:||Peter Menzies, Jr.|
Director John Dahl switches genres from film noir (THE LAST SEDUCTION, RED ROCK WEST) to military actioner with THE GREAT RAID. Following the 1942 Bataan Death March, thousands of U.S. and Filipino soldiers were imprisoned by the Japanese in a POW camp in Cabantauan in the Philippines. Brutalized, starved, and tortured, the prisoners languished in the camp for nearly three years. But in January 1945, an American battalion, with the help of Filipino guerrillas, planned a daring mission--some called it suicide--to rescue the five hundred U.S. soldiers still alive there. The film is told in glorious detail. The story is based on two books, THE GREAT RAID: RESCUING THE DOOMED GHOSTS OF BATAAN AND CORREGIDOR by William B. Breuer and GHOST SOLDIERS: THE EPIC ACCOUNT OF WORLD WAR II'S GREATEST RESCUE MISSION by Hampton Sides. In addition, several men involved in the raid served as consultants on the project. The result is a thrilling, agonizing, and unforgettable war movie like they used to make in the 1940s and 1950s, a celebration of the human spirit. THE GREAT RAID stars Benjamin Bratt as Lt. Colonel Mucci, an offbeat military man who puts his faith in young Captain Prince (James Franco) to lead the dangerous mission. Among the men imprisoned in the camp are Joseph Fiennes as the ailing Major Gibson and Marton Csokas as Captain Redding, who is always trying to escape. Connie Nielsen adds romantic tension as a war widow smuggling much-needed medicine into the camp.
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment:
The Great Raid (Widescreen)
In the epic tradition of SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, THE GREAT RAID is an inspirational true story of the most triumphant rescue mission in U.S. military history! As World War II rages, the elite 6th Ranger Battalion is given a mission of heroic proportions: push 30 miles behind enemy lines and liberate over 500 American prisoners of war. Under the command of Lt. Col. Henry Mucci (Benjamin Bratt -- TRAFFIC), the men of the 6th will face the unthinkable by attempting the impossible! Also featuring James Franco (SPIDER-MAN 1 & 2), Connie Nielsen (GLADIATOR), and Joseph Fiennes (SHAKESPEAKE IN LOVE), this gripping big-screen hit captures a moment in time when men of honor became soldiers of destiny!
- Theatrical Release: August 12, 2005
Double Feature: An American Band / Brian Wilson - I Just... (DVD)
$10.62 Super Savings
Let's Spend The Night Together: Greatest Hits Live (DVD)
$10.62 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 169 ratings.
Based on 169 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Graduate (Decades Collection) (Includes CD) (DVD)
$3.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- The Adventures of Jim Bowie - Complete 1st Season (5-DVD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- The Decade You Were Born: The 40s - A Decade of War & Invention (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Pit and the Pendulum (1961) / Tales of Terror (1962) (DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- The Decade You Were Born: The 50s - A Decade of Change in America (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE