- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 17, 2002
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 03/01/2005
"'[T]here's much to admire visually, an implicit, resonant, pining nostalgia."
This sequel to THE LAST PICTURE SHOW rejoins the characters in small-town Texas, many years later into adulthood where everyone's "grown up." Duane has made and lost his fortune in oil; Sonny, the mayor, seems to be drifting from reality; Jacy returns, a film "star," to grieve over her dead son; and Lester is having trouble running the bank and his love life, in this melancholy view of little town blues. The characters reveal the second act of their story in scenes that evoke the changes that had overtaken the nation as well as their private lives. The film stars most of the original cast from the prequel, including Cybill Shepherd, Jeff Bridges, and Cloris Leachman.
- Theatrical release: September 28, 1990.
- Filmed on location in Texas.