- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 11, 2001
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.66
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.66
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
In LOOK BACK IN ANGER, a university graduate rebels against the middle-class values he has been taught all his life to accept. Burton excels in the film's "angry young man" central role.
Campus Life |
Character Study |
- Shot at Shepperton Studios in the U.K.
- Director Tony Richardson didn't want a star of Richard Burton's magnitude in the lead role, believing it would throw off the balance of the play.
- Richardson credited cameraman Oswald Morris and art director Peter Glazier with having taught him how to use the medium to best advantage.
- At the time this film was made, playwright John Osborne was married to actress Mary Ure. They were later divorced, and she eventually married actor-playwright Robert Shaw.
- The film was originally rated BBFC X (no one under 16 could see it in Britain) by the British Board of Film Censors.