Grateful Dead In The Dark (Expanded & Remastered)
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 11, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Grateful Dead / WEA
Mojo (Publisher) - p.153"Following Garcia's near-death diabetic coma in summer 1986, this was a rejuvenated band....After 'Touch Of Grey' gave them their first Top 10 hit...it also projected the Dead to a wider, younger audience."
- 1.Touch of Grey
- 2.Hell in a Bucket
- 3.When Push Comes to Shove
- 4.West L.A. Fadeaway
- 5.Tons of Steel
- 6.Throwing Stones
- 7.Black Muddy River
- 8.My Brother Esau (Single B-Side)(Bonus Track)
- 9.West L.A. Fadeaway (Alternate Version, 1984)(Bonus Track)
- 10.Black Muddy River (Studio Rehearsal)(Bonus Track)
- 11.When Push Comes To Shove (Studio Rehearsal)(Bonus Track)
- 12.Touch of Grey (Studio Rehearsal)(Bonus0
- 13.Throwing Stones (Live)(Bonus Track)
The Grateful Dead: Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir (vocals, guitar); Brent Mydland (vocals, keyboards); Phil Lesh (bass, background vocals); Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Bob Bralove (programming, effects).
Recorded at Marin Veterans Auditorium and Club Front Studios, San Rafael, California.
Grateful Dead: Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Phil Lesh, Bill Kreutzmann, Bob Weir, Brent Mydland.
Personnel: Bob Bralove (programming).
Audio Mixer: Tom Flye.
Liner Note Author: Dennis McNally.
Recording information: Club Front, San Rafael, CA; Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, CA; Marin Veterans Auditorium, San Rafael, CA; Schaefer Stadium, Foxboro, MA.
Photographers: Susana Millman; Herbert Greene; John Werner ; Herbie Green.
Unknown Contributor Role: Margaret Fabrizio.
The great comeback album, or at least an album that no deadhead expected at this stage in their career. Garcia had been seriously ill for some time, and was not expected to recover. Suddenly, a new studio album was announced, as a seemingly fit Garcia started to tour and was reputedly appalled when they had a huge hit single with the autobiographical "Touch Of Grey." Other strong tracks are Weir's "Hell In A Bucket" and the magnificent "Black Muddy River" written by Garcia and Hunter.
Rockin' in the USA: 22 Original Rare Television Recordings (DVD)(9)
$4.98 on SALE
Grateful Dead - Relix, The Book: The Grateful Dead...(4)
$11.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 58 ratings.
Based on 58 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Fugitives On The Run With The Fugitives (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE