- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 14, 2004
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Kinski in Cannes"
- Audio Commentary: Wim Wenders - Director
- Deleted Scenes: With Optional Commentary by Director Wim Wenders
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Cannes 1984 -
Variety - 05/23/1984
"...PARIS, TEXAS is refined arthouse cinema...It's indeed a beautiful film....Some images are positively breathtaking..."
Entertainment Weekly - 12/10/2004
"[With] moments of serene, unearthly beauty."
Premiere - 03/01/2005
"[O]ne of Wenders's most painful and poetic films..."
Total Film - 04/01/2013
5 stars out of 5 -- "Hailed as a classic on release, PARIS, TEXAS has improved with age."
Winner of the Grand Prize at the Cannes Film Festival in 1984, Wim Wenders's PARIS, TEXAS tells the haunting story of an amnesiac (Harry Dean Stanton) and his struggle to rebuild his shattered life. Featuring a story by Sam Shepard and a renowned score by Ry Cooder, the film also stars Nastassja Kinski and Dean Stockwell.
Road Movies |
Theatrical Release |