Donnie McClurkin Live in London and More...
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: SSP 307729
- Released: August 22, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Verity
- 2.That's What I Believe
- 3.Just for Me
- 4.Who Would've Thought - (featuring Marvin Winans)
- 5.Didn't You Know
- 6.I'll Trust You Lord
- 7.Caribbean Medley
- 8.Victory Chant (Hail Jesus)
- 9.Psalm 27
- 10.Great Is Your Mercy
- 11.Lord I Lift Your Name on High
- 12.We Fall Down
- 13.We Fall Down (Reprise / Alter Call) - (Reprise / Altar Call)
- 14.I Do I Do
Personnel includes: Donnie McClurkin (vocals); Michael Brown (guitar); Howard Francis, Kevin Bond (keyboards); Chris Brown (bass); Chris Bailey (drums); Annette "Queenie" Lenox, Sheila Carpenter, Duawan Starling, Vincent Freeman (background vocals).
Engineers include: Mark Williams, Kevin Bond, Rob Evans.
Recorded live at Fairfield Hall, London, England.
Personnel: Donnie McClurkin (vocals); Cynthia Rogers, Jeffrey Graham (vocals); Karen Coleman (violin); Tanya Bennett, Sean Smith (cello); Kevin Bond (keyboards, bass synthesizer, programming); Howard Francis (keyboards); Chris Bailey (drums).
Audio Mixers: Donnie McClurkin; Kevin Bond.
Recording information: Battery, New York NY; Bonded Music, Charlotte NC; Creative Technologies, London, England; Dark Horse, Nashville TN; Fairfield Hall, London, England; Reflection Sound, Charlotte NC; Seventeen Grand, Nashville TN; Studio A, Detrot MI; Suite 7, Charlotte NC.
Editor: Kevin Bond.
Arranger: Howard Francis.
Like so many American artists before him, pop-gospel singer/songwriter Donnie McClurkin brought his music to England to be received with open arms. McClurkin recorded his second album in London, the town that had taken him to its bosom, and it's the site of this live recording as well. From the near-religious ecstasy of the MC's introduction to the unabashed enthusiasm of the audience, it's plain that London loves this boy from the States.
McClurkin's music is a vehicle for his spiritual beliefs, but that doesn't mean dour theology lessons. Rather, his blend of pop, gospel, and R&B is an exciting, uplifting thing. Marvin Winans ups the ante by joining in on the subtly groovy, almost Bill Withers-like "Who Would've Thought." As shown on "Just For Me," McClurkin has a way with a ballad as well, and some canny choral backing doesn't hurt LIVE IN LONDON a bit.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 116 ratings.
Based on 116 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Collectables Gospel Classics, Volume 3 (Limited) (CD)(2)
$1.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE