Slow Jams: The 60's, Volume 2
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Various Artists ~ Motown Love Songs ~ $5.49
- Released: February 22, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: The Right Stuff
- 1.Ben E. KingStand By Me
- 2.Doris TroyJust One Look
- 3.Friends Of DistinctionGoing In Circles
- 4.Smokey Robinson & The MiraclesOoo Baby Baby
- 5.James BrownIt's A Man's Man's Man's World
- 6.Jerry Butler & Betty EverettLet It Be Me
- 7.Etta JamesAt Last
- 8.The TemptationsSince I Lost My Baby
- 9.Little Anthony & The ImperialsHurt So Bad
- 10.Dionne WarwickWalk On By
- 11.Lou RawlsYour Good Thing (Is About To End)
- 12.Otis ReddingTry A Little Tenderness
Includes liner notes by David Nathan.
Personnel: Ben E. King (vocals, guitar); Dionne Warwick, Doris Troy, Etta James, James Brown, Jerry Butler, Little Anthony, Lou Rawls, Otis Redding, Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, The Temptations , Betty Everett (vocals).
Unknown Contributor Role: The Friends of Distinction.
The Right Stuff's Slow Jams series devoted four volumes to R&B ballads of the '60s. Though it's more than a little irritating that these four discs could've been compacted onto two discs, each one is solid from front to back, with classics that any self-respecting fan of soul music needs in some form. This second volume clocks in at under 40 minutes, with Dionne Warwick's "Walk on By," Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness" (ironic: someone shouting at you to be tender), Lou Rawls' "Your Good Thing (Is About to End)," Etta James' "At Last," and the Temptations' "Since I Lost My Baby" figuring into the scheme, along with seven others. ~ Andy Kellman
Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD)(2)
$13.95 on SALE
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!