- 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio/Dolby Digital Mono/Closed Captioned
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 58 minutes
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 1936
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
Bonus Footage: Reminiscing with Gene Autry & Pat Buttram at the "Melody Ranch Theatre"
- Excerpts from the original "Melody Ranch Radio Show"
- Original Press Kit
- Poster and Lobby Card Art
- Photo Galleries: Production and Publicity Stills
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fully Restored! When Gene Autry's boss is murdered, Gene becomes the guardian of his little girl. The child is seriously injured in a stable fire and needs a life-saving brain operation! Gene and his pal Smiley soon organize a hillbilly orchestra to raise money for the surgery and utilize the new medium of television to reach a bigger audience. Tune in to see if the Singing Cowboy captures the murder and saves the child!
Gene Autry plays the title character, of course, who becomes the guardian of an adorable little girl when her father--his boss--is murdered. But when his new charge is injured in a fire and needs expensive brain surgery to survive, Gene and his friends organize a band in order to raise the necessary money, even (in a rather postmodern twist) going on television to get to a wider audience. If you want to know whether Gene succeeds in raising the money, saving the girl's life, and catching the killer... Well, you'll just have to watch.