Ten Years After Recorded Live
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$10.43 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.56 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Jimi Hendrix ~ Miami Pop Festival ~ $11.77
- by Robin Trower ~ State to State: Live Across America 1974-1980 (2-CD) ~ $22.48
- Released: March 16, 2015
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Capitol
- 1.One Of These Days
- 2.You Give Me Loving
- 3.Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
- 4.Help Me
- 5.Classical Thing
- 6.Scat Thing
- 7.I Can't Keep From Cryin' Sometimes
- 8.I Can't Keep From Cryin' Sometimes (Cont'd)
- 9.I Can't Keep From Cryin' Sometimes (Cont'd)
- 10.Silly Thing
- 11.Slow Blues In "C"
- 12.I'm Going Home
- 13.Choo Choo Mama
2 LPs on 1 CD; the song "The Hobbit" is ommitted from the original LP release.
Ten Years After: Alvin Lee (vocals, guitar); Chick Churchill (piano, organ); Leo Lyons (bass); Ric Lee (drums).
Recorded live in Amersterdam and Rotterdam, The Netherlands; Frankfurt, Germany; Paris, France.
Personnel: Alvin Lee (vocals, guitar); Chick Churchill (piano, organ, keyboards, drums); Ric Lee (drums).
Recording information: Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Frankfurt, Germany; Paris, France; Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Photographer: Brian Cooke.
The cover of Ten Years After's 1973 album Recorded Live depicts a giant reel-to-reel recorder, which certainly captures the era when this double-LP set was recorded. Approaching the end of their run -- only one more album would come, 1974's Positive Vibrations -- Ten Years After were deep into the thick of '70s arena rock, so everything they played on-stage wound up stretching well beyond the five-minute mark, sometimes reaching upward of 11 minutes. Everything on this double-LP places improvisation over groove -- a sentiment that is accentuated on the 2013 expansion, which winds up running 21 tracks over two discs, adding bonus outtakes to the original double-LP set. The best parts here are the improvisations, particularly Alvin Lee's long, languid guitar solos, but this album -- either in its original incarnation or in its expansion -- is a distinctly '70s creation: it's unhurried and indulgent, reveling in its slow, steady march to a virtuosic, never-ending guitar solo. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)
$24.66 LABOR DAY
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)
$21.71 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 75 ratings.
Based on 75 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Pat Benatar The Best of Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE