Cecil Taylor Conquistador!
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 23, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Blue Note Records
- 2.With Exit
- 3.With Exit (Alternate Take)
Personnel includes: Cecil Taylor (piano); Jimmy Lyons (alto saxophone); Bill Dixon (trumpet); Henry Grimes, Alan Silva (bass); Andrew Cyrille (drums).
Recorded at the Van Gelder studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on October 6, 1966. Includes liner notes by Bob Blumenthal.
This is part of Blue Notes RVG series.
For the second of Cecil Taylor's two Blue Note albums (following Unit Structures), the innovative pianist utilized a sextet comprised of trumpeter Bill Dixon, altoist Jimmy Lyons, both Henry Grimes and Alan Silva on basses and drummer Andrew Cyrille. During the two lengthy pieces, Lyons' passionate solos contrast with Dixon's quieter ruminations while the music in general is unremittingly intense. Both of the Taylor Blue Notes are quite historic and near-classics but, despite this important documentation, Cecil Taylor (other than a pair of Paris concerts) would not appear on records again until 1973. ~ Scott Yanow
Miles DavisMiles At The Fillmore, 1970: The Bootleg Series Volume 3...
$42.51 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE