Billy Squier Absolute Hits
18 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 29, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Capitol
- 1.The Stroke
- 2.In The Dark
- 3.My Kinda Lover
- 4.She's A Runner
- 5.Emotions In Motion
- 6.Everybody Wants You
- 7.Rock Me Tonite
- 8.All Night Long
- 9.Eye On You
- 10.Love Is The Hero
- 11.Don't Say You Love Me
- 12.She Goes Down
- 13.Everybody Wants You (Live)
- 14.The Stroke (Live)
Personnel: Billy Squier (vocals, guitar); Jeff Golub (guitar); Doug Lubahn, Mark Clarke (bass guitar); Bobby Chouinard (drums).
Liner Note Author: Geri Miller.
Recording information: Centrum, MA (1983).
Photographers: Ebet Roberts; Neil Zlozower.
You have to feel for Billy Squier (and his fans). His record label has done nothing but bungle his hits and best-of collections. Every couple of years they repackage what they claim to be his hits and best songs and every time they manage to find a way to leave off his fifth best song (after "The Stroke," "In the Dark," "My Kind of Lover," and "Everybody Wants You"), the aching and powerful "Lonely Is the Night" from his classic Don't Say No album. It may not have hit the singles charts, but it did climb pretty high on the mainstream rock chart and it was an AOR staple. It is also way better than any of the so-called hits from the late '80s/early '90s that bring up the rear of each hits disc. For the record, 2005's 14-song Absolute Hits replaces Capitol's 2002 collection Classic Masters, which had 12 of the same songs. They are both very similar to 1995's 16 Strokes. The main difference on this Billy Squier collection is the inclusion of two live cuts. "The Stroke" and "Everybody Wants You" were recorded in 1983 for The King Biscuit Flower Hour and are pretty decent examples of Squier's stage act. They lack the passion, drive, and sonic clarity of the album versions, however, especially "The Stroke," which is quite dependent on a tricked-up drum sound. Both songs can be found on the 1996 release King Biscuit Flower Hour. If you are looking for a Squier collection, this is as good as any other -- at least until somebody does the job right and releases a disc with "Lonely Is the Night" and maybe a couple of other tracks from Don't Say No, like "Whaddya Want from Me" and "I Need You" (or "The Big Beat" from Tale of the Tape). Then you really might have the best of Billy Squier. ~ Tim Sendra
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.12 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE