Blind Boys Of Alabama 1948-1951
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by The Five Blind Boys Of Mississippi ~ 1945-1950 (2-CD) ~ $13.27
- by The Swan Silvertones ~ 1946-1951 (2-CD) ~ $13.27
- by The Caravans ~ The Best of the Caravans ~ $15.62
- by Spirit of Memphis Quartet ~ Happy in the Service of the Lord (2-CD) ~ $13.27
- by The Harmonizing Four ~ The Harmonizing Four 1943-1954 (2-CD) ~ $13.27
- Released: July 1, 1996
- Label: Flyright Records
- 1.I Want My Crown
- 2.What More Can Jesus Do
- 3.Don't Wonder About Him
- 4.I Have An Interest Over There
- 5.Death Has Taken Mother Home
- 6.What Manner Of Man Is This
- 7.Living On Mother's Prayer
- 8.Honey In The Rock
- 9.Jesus Won't Deny Me
- 11.Blessed Be The Name
- 12.Good Religion
- 13.No More Tears No More Dying
- 14.Come Over Here
- 15.Canaan Land
- 16.Leave Your Burden There
Recorded between 1948 and 1951.
Personnel: Clarence Fountain, Rev. Paul Exkano (vocals); George Scott (tenor); Olice Thomas (baritone); Rev. George W. Warren (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Ray Funk.
Recording information: Newark, NJ (04/1948-??/1951); Philadelphia, PA (04/1948-??/1951).
Photographer: Ray Funk.
These first recordings of the legendary gospel quintet feature the Five Blind Boys of Alabama performing a variety of classics, including "What Manner of Man Is This," "What More Can Jesus Do," and "Honey in the Rock," mostly a cappella or with minimal organ or guitar accompaniment. Made at the start of a career that was to stretch well into the 21st century, these early sides display a vitality and simple faith that still sounds emotionally moving decades later.
Platinum Gospel: The Five Blind Boys of Alabama (CD)
$6.94 Super Savings
Collectables Gospel Classics, Volume 3 (Limited) (CD)(2)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!