- 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio/Dolby Digital Mono/Closed Captioned
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 6 minutes
- Released: November 11, 2003
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fully Restored! Twentieth Century Fox star Jane Withers was so enamored of Gene Autry that she persuaded the studio to sign the Singing Cowboy as her leading man. In this 1940 release Gene plays Will Carson whose grandfather was the town#s hero. A Hollywood company arrives to film the story and hires Will as the technical advisor and stunt double. When the star suddenly abandons the film, Will steps in to save the day. Songs include "There#s Only One Love In A Lifetime" and "That Little Old Band of Gold."
Featuring the usual array of songs and Western action, this feature from Gene Autry sees him playing a man whose grandfather was a hero of the town. A film crew arrive on the scene to tell the story of the deceased old man, but when the star of the show drops out, naturally there is only one man who is able to take over the role!