- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 3 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 15, 2005
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
An ordinary man is called upon by God to do the impossible in this lavish production of the Old Testament story. When the Pharaoh of Egypt begins to tighten the noose on his people, Moses finds himself leading them to freedom--and lands unknown.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Faith in God. Escape from slavery. The two great themes from the Old Testament book of Exodus are given thrilling new life in this recreation of how Moses led the children of Israel from bondage in Egypt to freedom in the Promised Land.
This television miniseries tells the story of the great Biblical prophet, Moses.
Moses's mother abandoned the infant, hoping to spare him from the Pharaoh's decree that all first-born sons of the Jews be slain. Ironically, it was the Pharaoh's daughter who discovered the child and took him to the palace, where he lived safely until adulthood.
Chosen by God as his messenger, it fell to the sometimes-reluctant Moses to deliver the Lord's word to his people. Ultimately, Moses led Israelites on their exodus from slavery, through the parted waters of the Red Sea to the land of Israel, and received the Ten Commandments from God.
Yet Moses himself often had to struggle to make his own people believe in the miraculous power of the Lord...
Bible Epic |
Jewish Heritage |
- Aired originally on TNT/Turner Network Television April 7 & 8, 1996.
- Part of Turner's award-winning series of films based on the greatest stories of the Bible.
- Shot in Morocco.
- Co-produced by Lube Productions and BetaTaurus.
- Additional cast: Philip Stone (Jethro); Anthony Higgins; Anton Lesser, Anita Zagaria; Frederico Pacifici; Paolo Calabresi; Riccardo Salerno; Bruno Bilotta.
- Copyright 1996 Turner Pictures Worldwide, Inc.