- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 7, 2005
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Based on the biblical story of Jacob who betrayed his brother and toiled long in penance before receiving God's grace and forgiveness.
Description by Warner Home Video:
For seven long years, Jacob has labored to earn the right to marry beautiful Rachel. Now the seven years are up - but Rachel's devious father substitutes his elder daughter on the wedding night. Matthew Modine (Full Metal Jacket) and Lara Flynn Boyle (Men in Black II) play Jacob and Rachel in one of the greatest love stories from the Bible. Highlights of Jacob's life - how he usurped his brother Esau's birthright and blessing, the pillow of stone, the ladder to heaven, wrestling with God - are set against the heartache and hope of his relationship with the woman he seems destined never to possess. Sustained by his faith in God and his love for Rachel, Jacob perseveres...and becomes the father of the 12 tribes of Israel.
Part of the TNT Bible series, this made-for-cable film stars Matthew Modine as Jacob, who sired the family that would eventually create Israel, and Lara Flynn Boyle as Rachel, the woman he loves.
After Jacob succeeds in getting the parental blessing that should have gone to Esau, his elder twin, he earns his brother's eternal hatred. Jacob flees to his Uncle Laban's in order to avoid Esau's wrath, but finds Laban equally dangerous...
Filmed in Morocco with an international cast, including top-notch performances by Irene Papas and Giancarlo Giannini.
Bible Epic |
Jewish Heritage |
- Part of Turner's award-winning series of films based on the greatest stories of the Bible.
- Shot on location in Morocco.
- Co-produced by LUBE Productions and Betafilm (Germany).
- Additional cast: Christopher Ohrt (Be'or); Yvonne Scio (Judith); Cecilia Dazzi (Bilhah); Bev Willis (Caananite 2); James Hayes (Yohonaham); Padraig Casey (Gaham); William Sleigh (Tzurim); Linda Polan (Midwife); Peter Gordon (Shearing Shepherd); Oliver Hobson (Reuben age 7); Crispin Redman (Storm Shepherd); Michael Haughey (First Servant); Peter Turner (First Merchant); and Emma Hall (Joseph).
- Additional credits: Paolo Piria (line producer); Luca Bernabei (associate producer); Heinrich Krauss (BETA producer); Sabatino Gargano (RAI producer); Antonio Brandt & Francesco Fantacci (assistant directors); Daniele Massaccesi (camera operator); Mario Michisanti (makeup artist); and Elda Magnanti (hair).
- Copyright 1994 Turner Pictures, Inc.