- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 7 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 10, 2005
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English, French & Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Iwao Takamoto, Jerry Eisenberg - Designers; Scott Awley, Scott Jeralds - Warner Brothers Animation
- "The Vulture Squadron's Greatest Misses"
- "Watch the Pigeon Thwart the Vulture Squadron"
- Dastardly & Mutltey's Spin Offs Retrospective
Performers, Cast and Crew:
In 1969, popular Hanna-Barbera characters Dick Dastardly and his faithful canine sidekick Muttley starred in a spin-off show from THE WACKY RACES entitled DASTARDLY & MUTTLEY IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES. An endless quest to "stop the pigeon" ensued, as Dastardly and his legion of magnificent men in their flying machines--known as the Vulture Squadron--embarked on a fruitless attempt to prevent Yankee Doodle Pigeon from delivering his messages to the enemy as World War I raged around them. Dastardly was aided by a number of fellow flyers: Muttley, who was famed for his rasp-like snicker and penchant for collecting a medal for every airborne task he carried out; Klunk, inventor of many weird and wonderful gadgets designed to aid Vulture Squadron in their tireless task; and bag-of-nerves Zilly, who could barely muster up the courage to get into his aircraft, let alone fly it. The show is included in its entirety here, providing plenty of belly laughs, and further evidence of the timeless wonder of Hanna-Barbera's creations.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Dick Dastardly and his snickering canine co-pilot Muttley plot to "stop that pigeon" aboard their World War I flying machines in this popular spinoff of Wacky Races featuring the legendary vocal talents of Paul Winchell (Tigger) and Don Messick (Scooby-Doo). When muttering Muttley ("rassuh-frazza-pazza") decides he's finally had enough, he flies off into his own fantasy world where he gets to be the boss for a change! So get ready to take off into the wild blue laughter - with a cargo of Fun DVD Bonuses to munch on while in flight!
Television Programs |
Television Shows |
World War I