- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 28, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Documentary: "Game Over: Resident Evil Reanimated"
- Behind the Scenes: Making-of Resident Evil: Apocalypse (6-part series)
- "Corporate Malfeasance"
- "Game Babes"
- "Symphony of Evil"
- Alexander Witt - Director, Jeremy Bolt - Producer, Robert Kulzer - Executive Producer
- Milla Jovovich, Oded Fehr, Sienna Guillory - Stars
- Paul W.S. Anderson - Writer/Producer, Jeremy Bolt - Producer
- Winning Submissions From the Online Contest
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 09/10/2004
"Mr. Anderson's screenplay provides a steady series of inventive action situations....It is, of course, all in the timing, and Mr. Witt's is extremely good. He knows just when to lay in a lull and just when to puncture it with a shock effect..."
Los Angeles Times - 09/10/2004
"Witt injects the film with plenty of razzle-dazzle on the visual side..."
Sight and Sound - 11/01/2007
"[The film] does deliver solid action/horror/superheroic scenes: the Hitchcock-on-steroids mutant crow attack is outstanding..."
The lovely Milla Jovovitch is back with a vengeance as amnesiac, genetically-altered zombie ass-kicker, Alice, in this sequel to the 2002 hit film, which is based on the video game. This time around the sinister Umbrella Corporation sends a team of investigators into their destroyed underground lab (the ground-zero of carnage in the previous film) and unwittingly unleash the still-staggering zombies and monsters out into the population of Raccoon City. Soon Umbrella has evacuated all of their own key employees and has shut everyone else inside to be devoured. A mastermind chemist's daughter gets left behind in the confusion, and she is the one ticket out for Alice and a handful of dwindling survivors, including the equally hot, skimpily dressed, and almost-as-tough lady cop, Jill Valentine (Sienna Guillory). There's some nifty motorcycle riding, plenty of bullets and splattering blood, and even a new monster--the hulking, heavily-armored, seriously ugly Nemesis. Comic actor Mike Epps is great as a pimped-out hustler who handles the whole dead-coming-back-to-life thing with cool nonchalance. In some ways, this nonstop creep show is even an improvement over the original, with a pervasive mood of nihilistic corporate dehumanization adding extra concern about the future of civilization to the mix of shooting, dying, punching, and munching.
Horror Movies |
Sci-Fi / Horror / Fantasy |
Theatrical Release |