- Languages: English, Spanish, French
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
- Featurette With Christopher Lee
- Theatrical Trailer
- Widescreen Presentation
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2002
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.66
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.66
- Dolby Digital Mono - English, French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
A fiendish evil lurks beneath the mist-shrouded cliffs of England's fabled moors. In the form of a hellish hound, it feeds upon the trembling flesh of the heirs of Baskerville Hall. But before this savage beast can sink its teeth into the newest lord of the manor, it must pit its vicious fangs against the searing intellect of the most powerful foe it has ever encountered - the incomparable Sherlock Holmes.
Released in 1959 and starring Peter Cushing, Andre Morell and Christopher Lee, this Hammer Films production was the first Sherlock Holmes mystery ever filmed in color.
Peter Cushing stars as Sherlock Holmes in this version of Arthur Conan Doyle's mystery about a supernatural hound who threatens the descendants of a noble English family.
From Britain's Hammer Studio, a remake of one of Conan Doyle's most famous and popular Sherlock Holmes stories. Is Sir Charles Baskerville's strange death the result of demonic forces and a family curse' Sherlock Holmes searches for a more earthly explanation, when Sir Henry Baskerville receives a death threat upon his arrival from America. In this eerie mystery, hounds are howling on the moors... a killer is on the loose... and Holmes is on the case.
Theatrical Release |