- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 5, 2002
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: This release has been digitally remastered in high definition.
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English, Portuguese
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Bonus Trailers
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selction
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 08/02/1991
"...Jovovich is a beauty....Krause is boyishly handsome..."
In this sequel to the 1980 original, Richard and Emmeline, the two teens from the first film, and their infant son, set out to sea in a boat. The parents die, but the infant is rescued by a passing ship. Before long, plague breaks out on the ship, and a young woman and her infant daughter take the baby boy and wind up on the very same island where the boy was born. The days become years as three stranded castaways, make a life for themselves. When the woman dies, the two now grown children (Milla Jovovich and Brian Krause) must learn to cope. Their life together is blissful, but not without physical and emotional challenges.
This sequel again fashions a sort of modern Adam and Eve myth by stranding two young children, a boy and a girl, on a remote tropical island where they must fend for themselves in order to survive. The pair flounder about, essentially re-creating civilization from scratch. But when the two of them hit puberty, things heat up considerably.