- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 8, 2004
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Owen Devereaux (Glen Ford) bears mental scars from the Civil War and develops an eager trigger finger. In battle, he orders the slaughter of a band of holed-up Confederates -- after he has seen them raise a white flag. Later, he lands a Federal judgeship post in Colorado and tries to settle down. But to no avail, for he abuses his gavel in the same, unhinged manner as he did his pistol. Eventually, his friend, Captain Del Stewart, realizes how crazed Devereaux's behavior is. When he withholds a cache of gold from its rightful owners, Devereaux gives Stewart no choice but to put a stop to his court of terror.
- Additional cast: William "Bill" Phillips (York); Mikel Conrad (Morris); David Clarke (Mutton McGuire); Clarence Chase (Charlie Trumbull); Craig Reynolds (Parry); and David York (Rebel Major).
- Color by Technicolor.