Naked City, Volume 2 (3-DVD)
|You Save:||$15.01 (50% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Includes original television commercials.
- 1.33:1 ASPECT RATIO/DOLBY DIGITAL MONO
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 10 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: November 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 1.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- "Today the Man Who Kills the Ants is Coming"
- "The Sweetly Smiling Face of Truth"
- "...And if Any are Frozen, Warm Them!..."
- "The Multiplicity of Herbert Konish"
- "The Rydecker Case"
- "Memory of a Red Trolley Car"
- "Idylls of a Running Back"
- "Daughter, Am I In My Father's House"
- "And By the Sweat of thy Brow"
- "Kill Me While I'm Young So I Can Die Happy"
- "Go Fight City Hall"
- "Dust Devil On a Quiet Street"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Paul Burke & Horace McMahon|
|Performer:||Richard Basehart, Aldo Ray, Sandy Dennis, Maureen Stapleton & Nancy Marchand|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Twelve exciting tales from the city that holds a million incredible stories! Gritty and realistic, this is one of television's best police dramas. Filmed on the streets of New York City, this ever-popular series puts a human face on crime, going beyond a simplistic portrayal of good vs. evil to delve into the complex personal dramas of the people involved. Filled with swift-moving action, the stories are often violent and tragic, but also contain their share of humor, absurdity and even fairy tale romance. Paul Burke stars as Detective Adam Flint, the young, handsome detective who manages to hold on to his ideals, and Horace McMahon is his crusty older boss, Lt. Mike Parker. Because of the critically-acclaimed series' outstanding reputation, the series attracted many top film and television actors for its guest-starring roles.
- Today the Man Who Kills the Ants Is Coming
- The Sweetly Smiling Face of Truth
- ...And If Any Are Frozen, Warm Them!...
- The Multiplicity of Herbert Konish
- The Rydecker Case
- Memory of a Red Trolley Car
- Idylls of a Running Back
- Daughter, Am I in My Father's House
- And By the Sweat of Thy Brow
- Kill Me While I'm Young So I Can Die Happy
- Go Fight City Hall
- Dust Devil on a Quiet Street
Twelve episodes of the classic, pioneering 1950s-60s TV show are presented here, each taking a gritty, noirish, shades-of-gray look at crime and life in New York City. With great episode titles like "The Sweetly Smiling Face of Truth" and "Kill Me While I'm Young So I Can Die Happy," and solid performances from Paul Burke and Horace McMahon, this mixture of tragedy, violence, romance, and dark humor still feels fresh today. Also included are some of the original commercials, which help place the show in its original social context.
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!