Rachelle Ferrell Individuality (Can I Be Me?)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Will Downing ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $4.77
- by Will Downing ~ Greatest Love Songs ~ $11.68
- by Rachelle Ferrell ~ Rachelle Ferrell ~ $11.68
- Released: September 12, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Capitol
Muzik - 10/00, p.1045 out of 5 - "...Full of deep, meaningful songs, voiced to perfection by someone who eats, sleeps and live sthe real deal..."
- 1.Individuality (Can I Be Me?)
- 3.Will You Remember Me?
- 4.I Forgive You
- 5.I Gotta Go
- 6.Why You Wanna Mess It All Up?
- 8.Run To Me
- 9.Reflections Of My Heart
- 11.I Can Explain
Personnel: Rachelle Ferrell (vocals, piano, synthesizer); Johnathan Butler (vocals, guitar); Russ Barnes (vocals); Jef Lee Johnson (acoustic & electric guitars, keyboards, bass); George Duke (acoustic guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, bass); Tony Maiden (guitar); Byron Miller (bass); "Lil" John Roberts, Ricardo Jordan (drums); Lenny Castro (percussion); Lori Perry, Kenny Lattimore (background vocals).
Producers: Rachelle Ferrell, George Duke, Jef Lee Johnson.
Principally recorded at The Blue Room Studios, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Personnel: Rachelle Ferrell (vocals, piano, background vocals); Jonathan Butler (vocals, guitar); Jef Lee Johnson (guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboards); George Duke (guitar, keyboards); Tony Maiden (guitar); Lil' John Roberts (drums); Lenny Castro (percussion); Kenny Lattimore, Lori Perry (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Erik Zobler.
Recording information: Andora Recording Studio; Le Gonks West; O'Henry Recording Studio; The Blue Room, Philadelphia, PA.
Photographer: Beth Herzhaft.
Rachelle Ferrell began as an R&B-tinged jazz singer, lending funk and soul to highly original takes on jazz standards. On INDIVIDUALITY, the tables are turned, and Ferrell uses her jazz chops in the service of some highly individual-sounding R&B.
Unlike R&B artists who try to expand the genre's boundaries from within, Ferrell arrives armed with a highly developed harmonic sense that allows her not just to deconstruct, but to virtually reinvent modern R&B as we know it. In this endeavor, she's aided by some fellow genre-benders, including '70s fusion hero George Duke and harmolodic jazz-funkateer Jef Lee Johnson. Over a soundscape that is unrelentingly percolating and funky but never predictable, Ferrell utilizes both her range and her strong sense of dynamics to invest every tune with unmistakable passion.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 85 ratings.
Based on 85 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~
$8.48 Super Savings
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE