- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 14, 1999
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Talent Files:
- Bob Rafelson, Jack Nicholson, and Karen Black
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Karen Black &
Billy Green Bush,
William Challee &
Gerald S. Shepard &
Bob Rafelson &
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I am not a piece of crap."
- Rayette Dipesto (Karen Black) to Robert Dupea (Jack Nicholson)
"I faked a little Chopin. You faked a little response."
- Robert to his brother's fiancée (Susan Anspach) after he plays piano for her
"You want me to hold the chicken'"--Waitress
"I want you to hold it between your knees."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/16/2003
"...FIVE EASY PIECES has the complexity, the nuance, the depth, of the best fiction..."
Total Film - 06/01/2000
"...A subtle and thoughtful character study which is just as effective more than two decades later..."
Essential Cinema |
Love Story |
- Theatrical release: September 12, 1970
- FIVE EASY PIECES premiered at the 1970 New York Film Festival.
- Director Bob Rafelson and Jack Nicholson first collaborated on the Monkees' psychedelic film, HEAD, which Nicholson did not star in but coproduced and cowrote.
- FIVE EASY PIECES was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 2000.
- Adrien Joyce, who wrote the script and cowrote the story for FIVE EASY PIECES, is a pseudonym for Carole Eastman. Eastman has worked on other Nicholson and Rafelson films; she wrote THE SHOOTING (as Adrien Joyce), which starred Jack Nicholson, and wrote and produced MAN TROUBLE, another Nicholson-Rafelson collaboration.
- The film's piano pieces are played by Pearl Kaufman.
- FIVE EASY PIECES is one of the rare movies in which Sally Struthers is credited as Sally Ann Struthers.