- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 16, 2002
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The life of pianist Eddy Duchin. He was perhaps the most famous of pianists who started his own dance band, then at the height of his career, discovered he had leukemia. Carmen Cavallaro dubs at the keyboard. Academy Award Nominations: 4, including Best Motion Picture Story.
Personal Triumph |
Tear Jerker |
Theatrical Release |
- Carmen Cavallaro played the piano score for this film.
- Featured songs: Chopin's "Nocturne in E flat," "Body and Soul," "Manhattan," "You're My Everything," "Let's Fall in Love," "Sweet Sue," "Whispering," "I'll Take Romance," and "Chopsticks."
- Shot in CinemaScope and Technicolor.
- Additional cast: Mickey Maga (Peter Duchin - age 5), Gregory Gay (Philip), Warren Hsieh (Native Boy), Carlyle Mitchell (Doctor), Richard Sternberg (1st Boy), Andy Smith (2nd Boy), Lois Kimbrell (Nurse).
- Additional credits: Jack W. Ogilvie (editor).