- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 7, 2004
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Pbs (Direct)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Interactive Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Timothy Ferris hosts this PBS documentary that explores various scientific theories about the origins of the universe through stunning photography, animation, special effects, and discussions with leading physicists Carlo Rubbia, Murray Gell-Man, and Stephen Hawking.
A 90 minute documentary on the creation of the universe, discussing the big bang theory, cosmology, and the creation of life, all to music by Brian Eno.
Outer Space |
Space Exploration |
Television Programs |
- Copyright 1985 Northstar Associates.
- Co-production of Northstar Associates (USA) and Asahi Broadcasting Company (Japan).
- Additional appearances: Michael Turner, Murray Gell-Mann, and Allan Sandage.
- Additional credits: Dan Krech (technical producer); Chris O'Dell, H. J. Brown, Mitch Dubin (additional cinematography); Gary Childs (Wescam operator); Russell Srole (online editor); Bruce Litecky & John Clifton (sound); Robert Marinic (senior animator); Animagraphics (stills animation); David Stipes (matte paintings); Keith Ballinger, Art Dubinski, Floyd Gillis (creative directors).