Chart Toppers: Dance Hits of The 60's
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.54 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.44 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 26, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Priority Records
- 1.Bobby LewisTossin' & Turnin'
- 2.Little EvaThe Loco-Motion
- 3.The ContoursDo You Love Me
- 4.Joey Dee & The StarlitersPeppermint Twist
- 5.The SurfarisWipe Out
- 6.Jackie WilsonBaby Workout
- 7.Sam The Sham & The PharaohsWooly Bully
- 8.The StrangelovesI Want Candy
- 9.DionRunaround Sue
- 10.The VenturesWalk Don't Run
- 11.Jan & DeanSurf City
- 12.The ArchiesSugar, Sugar
- 13.Spiral StarecaseMore Today Than Yesterday
- 14.Shirley EllisThe Name Game
- 15.Lesley GoreIt's My Party
This is part of Priority Records' Chart Toppers series.
Priority's Chart Toppers series is an excellent budget-line collection, offering a strong selection of 15 original hits, grouped by a specific theme and decade, on each disc. Chart Toppers: Dance Hits of the 60's combines rock & roll, girl groups, surf-rock, R&B, pop, soul, psychedelia and pop-rock hits -- an eclectic bunch, to say the least, but the variety helps capture the feeling of the decade. A few of the songs haven't dated well, but for the most part, the selection of songs is terrific, albeit a little predictable. Among the highlights on the disc are Bobby Lewis' "Tossin' and Turnin'," Little Eva's "The Loco-Motion," the Contours' "Do You Love Me," the Surfaris' "Wipe Out," Jackie Wilson's "Baby Workout," Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs' "Wooly Bully," the Strangeloves' "I Want Candy," the Ventures' "Walk Don't Run," Spiral Starecase's "More Today Than Yesterday" and Lesley Gore's "It's My Party." ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE