Blondie Eat to the Beat [Bonus Tracks]
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: September 10, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Capitol
Entertainment Weekly - 9/21/01, p.85"...The band's last creative gasp..." - Rating: B
Q - 10/01, p.1434 stars out of 5 - "...The last of the vintage Blondie albums....with an icy, almost Bowie-like aloofness...Harry sang excellently throughout..."
Uncut - p.905 stars out of 5 -- "[A] consistent thrill-ride of imaginative, hyperactive pop."
- 2.The Hardest Part
- 3.Union City Blue
- 5.Eat To The Beat
- 6.Accidents Never Happen
- 7.Die Young Stay Pretty
- 8.Slow Motion
- 12.Living In The Real World
- 13.Die Young Stay Pretty (Live)
- 14.Seven Rooms Of Gloom (Live)
- 15.Heroes (Live)
- 16.Ring Of Fire (Live)
Blondie: Frank Infante (vocals, guitar); Jimmy Destri (vocals, keyboards); Deborah Harry (vocals); Chris Stein (guitar); Nigel Harrison (bass); Clem Burke (drums).
Additional personnel: Randy Hennes (harmonica); Elle Greenwich, Lorna Luft, Donna Destri, Mike Chapman (background vocals).
Producer: Mike Chapman.
Reissue producer: Kevin Flaherty.
Recorded at the Power Station, Electric Lady Studio and Media Sound, New York, New York in 1979. Originally released on Chrysalis (1225). Includes liner notes by Mike Chapman.
All tracks have been digitally remastered using 24-bit technology.
Personnel: Frank Infante (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Debbie Harry (vocals, background vocals); Chris Stein (guitar); Randy Singer Hennes (harmonica); Jimmy Destri (keyboards, background vocals); Clem Burke (drums); Donna Destri, Ellie Greenwich, Lorna Luft , Mike Chapman (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Mike Chapman .
Recording information: Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland (04/1979-06/1979); Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY (04/1979-06/1979); Hammersmith Odeon, England (04/1979-06/1979); Media Sound, New York, NY (04/1979-06/1979); Media Sound, NY (04/1979-06/1979); Power Station, New York, NY (04/1979-06/1979); The Power Station, New York, NY (04/1979-06/1979).
Photographer: Norman Seeff.
1979's EAT TO THE BEAT was Blondie's fourth album, and the first to follow the enormous commercial breakthrough of 1978's PARALLEL LINES. Though its singles, the brilliant "Dreaming" and the disco-influenced "Atomic," were lesser hits than PARALLEL LINES' "Heart of Glass" and "One Way or Another," EAT TO THE BEAT's success cemented Blondie's status as by far the most commercially viable of the first wave of New York punk bands.
By this time, the band's always-tenuous connection to punk was barely noticeable; the artsy "Victor," the Springsteen-ish "Union City Blue," written for the soundtrack of Debbie Harry's first film, Steeltown, and the reggae-tinged "Die Young Stay Pretty" are early evidence of the sort of casual genre-hopping which defined the band's next album, AUTOAMERICAN. The ripping title track, "Accidents Never Happen" and the dreamy "Living in the Real World," however, are more typical Blondie fare.
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 96 ratings.
Based on 96 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Hunting High and Low [Bonus CD] [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)
$22.74 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Burl Ives The Best of Little Bitty Tear (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - For Lovers Only, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE