Blondie Eat to the Beat [Bonus Tracks]
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 10, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Capitol
Entertainment Weekly - 9/21/01, p.85"...The band's last creative gasp..." - Rating: B
Q - 10/01, p.1434 stars out of 5 - "...The last of the vintage Blondie albums....with an icy, almost Bowie-like aloofness...Harry sang excellently throughout..."
Uncut - p.905 stars out of 5 -- "[A] consistent thrill-ride of imaginative, hyperactive pop."
- 2.The Hardest Part
- 3.Union City Blue
- 5.Eat To The Beat
- 6.Accidents Never Happen
- 7.Die Young Stay Pretty
- 8.Slow Motion
- 12.Living In The Real World
- 13.Die Young Stay Pretty (Live)
- 14.Seven Rooms Of Gloom (Live)
- 15.Heroes (Live)
- 16.Ring Of Fire (Live)
Blondie: Frank Infante (vocals, guitar); Jimmy Destri (vocals, keyboards); Deborah Harry (vocals); Chris Stein (guitar); Nigel Harrison (bass); Clem Burke (drums).
Additional personnel: Randy Hennes (harmonica); Elle Greenwich, Lorna Luft, Donna Destri, Mike Chapman (background vocals).
Producer: Mike Chapman.
Reissue producer: Kevin Flaherty.
Recorded at the Power Station, Electric Lady Studio and Media Sound, New York, New York in 1979. Originally released on Chrysalis (1225). Includes liner notes by Mike Chapman.
All tracks have been digitally remastered using 24-bit technology.
Personnel: Frank Infante (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Debbie Harry (vocals, background vocals); Chris Stein (guitar); Randy Singer Hennes (harmonica); Jimmy Destri (keyboards, background vocals); Clem Burke (drums); Donna Destri, Ellie Greenwich, Lorna Luft , Mike Chapman (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Mike Chapman .
Recording information: Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland (04/1979-06/1979); Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY (04/1979-06/1979); Hammersmith Odeon, England (04/1979-06/1979); Media Sound, New York, NY (04/1979-06/1979); Media Sound, NY (04/1979-06/1979); Power Station, New York, NY (04/1979-06/1979); The Power Station, New York, NY (04/1979-06/1979).
Photographer: Norman Seeff.
1979's EAT TO THE BEAT was Blondie's fourth album, and the first to follow the enormous commercial breakthrough of 1978's PARALLEL LINES. Though its singles, the brilliant "Dreaming" and the disco-influenced "Atomic," were lesser hits than PARALLEL LINES' "Heart of Glass" and "One Way or Another," EAT TO THE BEAT's success cemented Blondie's status as by far the most commercially viable of the first wave of New York punk bands.
By this time, the band's always-tenuous connection to punk was barely noticeable; the artsy "Victor," the Springsteen-ish "Union City Blue," written for the soundtrack of Debbie Harry's first film, Steeltown, and the reggae-tinged "Die Young Stay Pretty" are early evidence of the sort of casual genre-hopping which defined the band's next album, AUTOAMERICAN. The ripping title track, "Accidents Never Happen" and the dreamy "Living in the Real World," however, are more typical Blondie fare.
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)(5)
$6.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 96 ratings.
Based on 96 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Hunting High and Low [Bonus CD] [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)(174)
$30.58 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Isley Brothers Shout! (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE