- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 16, 2009
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround -French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
Disc 1: ROBOTS
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "The Blue Man Group"
- Deleted Scenes: Discontinued Parts with Optional Commentary by Chris Wedge
- Trailers: GARFIELD, WINN DIXIE, FAT ALBERT, ICE AGE 2, BRATZ, FERNGULLY Special Edition, STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE, MALCOM IN THE MIDDLE TV Spot
- Behind the Scenes: Inside Look at the Making of ICE AGE 2
- Additional Audio Material: Robots Soundtrack Spot
- Audio Commentary:
- Director Chris Wedge and William Joyce
- Technical Director's Commentary/Animator's Commentary
- YOU CAN SHINE NO MATTER WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF
- AUNT FANNY'S TOUR OF BOOTY
- Xbox Exclusive Multi-Player Racing Game
- Set-Top Games
- Character Bios
- Character Interview/Profile
- Character Designs
- Character 3-D turnaround
Disc 2: Digital Copy
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Jim McClain &
William Joyce &
John C. Donkin
Jennifer Coolidge &
Executive Production by
Entertainment Weekly - 03/18/2005
"[T]he movie bops along with a happy, jumping, kinetic vitality."
USA Today - 03/11/2005
"ROBOT's visuals are its finest asset. The world populated exclusively by robots is an intriguing blend of the retro and the futuristic that often is dazzling..."
Sight and Sound - 05/01/2005
"There are great individual jokes and sequences, like a tour through Robot City's demented transport system that's straight out of Chuck Jones..."
The pixel-happy production company Blue Sky follows its successful feature ICE AGE with more animated antics in ROBOTS. Rodney Copperbottom (voiced by Ewan McGregor) is a talented inventor who hopes to make his fortune by moving to Robot City and working among the nuts and bolts of the robotics industry. Rodney fantasizes about building robots for his boyhood hero and master inventor Big Weld (Mel Brooks), but when he meets him, Rodney's dream threatens to turn rusty. Big Weld reveals that his company is now being run by the evil Phineas T. Ratchet (Greg Kinnear), a merciless moneymaker who wants to rid the world of the antiquated robots that clutter up the streets of Robot City. This leaves Rodney's aspirations needing a major oil change, and with little chance of finding work, he feels about as useful as a broken spare part. So he takes to the streets, where he finds some unlikely salvation in a group of robots lead by Fender (Robin Williams). Fender urges Rodney to help save them from the scrap heap, while Ratchet and his company create threatening new policies on robot reconstruction. The ensuing action leads to a breathtaking set of adventures in the futuristic city.
A fun, dizzying delight, ROBOTS benefits from the many voices of Robin Williams, who is the perfect comic foil to Ewan McGregor's central character. The special effects are masterfully handled, and the rendering of Robot City is a true sight to behold. A film that should find a broad audience among adults and children alike, ROBOTS is fast-paced animated entertainment at its finest.
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
Fasten your seat bolts and gear up for a hilarious, heartwarming comedy that's "Fun for the whole family!" (Clay Smith, Access Hollywood)
With the help of his misfit mechanical friends, a small town robot named Rodney embarks on the adventure of a lifetime as he heads for the big city to pursue his dreams-and ultimately proves that anyone can shine no matter what they're made of.
Featuring an all-star voice cast and a groundbreaking visual style that pushes the boundaries of animated filmmaking. Robots is a dazzling, fun-filled feast for the eyes and a riveting good time for all ages!
Animated Characters |
Animated Worlds |
Fantasy Worlds |
Love Affairs |
Robots / Cyborgs |
- Theatrical Release: March 11, 2005