- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: December 9, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes: 13 Deleted Scenes with Introduction jimmy Hayward and Steve Martino
- Trailers: Forced Trailers
- Shorts: Ice Age Short: Surviving Sid
- Audio Commentary:
- Jimmy Hayward, Steve Martino - Directors
- Jim Carrey - Star; Steve Carell - Star
- Watch Horton Hears a Who! with Who
- Beyond Animation
- The Voice of Horton: Jim Carrey
- That's One Big Elephant
- The Genesis of Katie
- Your World is Changing, Too!
- How Does Horton Hear'
- A Person is a Person - Practical Life Lessons
- Is It Seuss'
- 23-Animation Screen Tests
- Introduction to Animation Screen Tests with Animator Nick Bruno
Disc 2: Digital Copy
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Jimmy Hayward &
Mike Reiss &
Isla Fisher &
Executive Production by
Christopher Meledandri &
USA Today - 03/13/2008
"The look of the story is an undeniable treat, and the message it weaves is both funny and sweet....Razzle-dazzling and artful..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/14/2008
"[T]he movie retains much of the gentleness and sincerity of the book..."
Entertainment Weekly - 03/21/2008
"[T]rue to the Seuss vision, with a contemporary integrity that makes full use of CG power without sacrificing the delicacy of the author's springy, zingy illustrations."
Empire - 05/01/2008
3 stars out of 5 -- "Carrey and Carrell are nicely understated....Genuinely amusing....This WHO is easily as good as the sum of its parts."
Based on the 1954 children's book by Dr. Seuss, HORTON HEARS A WHO! is a 2008 computer-animated Hollywood update of the beloved illustrated tale. Horton (voiced by Jim Carrey), a thoughtful elephant living in the jungle of Nool, discovers that an entire society, Whoville, rests inside a speck. He gently rests it on a clover flower, and searches for a place where it will be safe from the perils of the larger world. Establishing contact with Whoville's befuddled mayor (Steve Carell), Horton faces disbelief from his animal friends, including his blue mouse pal, Morton (Seth Rogen), and unwittingly incurs the wrath of an uptight kangaroo (Carol Burnett), setting the playful pachyderm on a journey to the most remote parts of Nool, with malicious vultures and monkeys not far behind.
Executive produced by Chris Wedge, the creator of ICE AGE, and directed by Steve Martino and Jimmy Hayward, this CGI take on Seuss (aka Theodore Geisel) is the first 21st-century adaptation to hew closely to the artist's true spirit and visual style. While Carrey, Carell, Burnett, and the rest of the vocal talent (also including Amy Poehler, Will Arnett, and Jonah Hill) contribute lively performances, the animation is the real focus of the film, displaying a stunning array of colorful characters and landscapes that capture Seuss's wonderfully whimsical aesthetic. Though Seuss loyalists might be dismayed by some liberties taken (particularly a Japanese anime-style interlude and a brief musical number set to a REO Speedwagon hit), the movie's heart is in the right place, resulting in a topnotch family feature.
Animated Characters |
Animated Worlds |
Family (General) |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 187 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 88,658
- UPC: 024543544142
- Shipping Weight: 0.32/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items