- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 29, 2005
- Originally Released: 1981
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 06/24/1981
"...[The] elegant lensing is a joy to behold, and great imagination has been exercised by tunesmith Joe Raposo..."
New York Times - 06/26/1981
"...Moviegoers [again] have a team of stars on which to heap the adoration they once dumped on Nelson Eddy and Jeannette MacDonald....Whimsy well disciplined..."
The second cinematic outing of Jim Henson's endearing Muppets. Here, Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear and The Great Gonzo are journalists in England investigating the theft of a gem known as the Baseball Diamond, which belonged to fashion maven Lady Holiday. But when Kermit meets would-be model Miss Piggy, he not only mistakes her for Lady Holiday, he begins falling in love with her! However Lady Holiday's crafty brother Nicky is also wooing the sexy swine -- in order to frame her for the jewel theft. Can the wacky Muppets save Miss Piggy' And what will come of Miss Piggy and Kermit's inter-species relationship'
Family (General) |
London, England |
- "The Great Muppet Caper" was Jim Henson's first directorial effort.
- Copyright 1993 Jim Henson Productions, Inc.
- Additional Credits: Terry Ackland-Snow (Effects Design).