- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 30, 2005
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A distracted professor invents an anti-gravity goo called Flubber that makes anything it's applied to lighter-than-air, including the family flivver and the balls at the school's basketball game. MacMurray couldn't be better in patented Disney fare. Sequel is Son of Flubber. Academy Award Nominations: 3, including Best (Black-and-White) Cinematography (though the film later was colorized).
Description by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.:
The Absent-Minded Professor
Hailed as one of Walt Disney's most hilarious comedies, THE ABSENT-MINDED PROFESSOR contains two essential elements for laughter -- Fred MacMurray and Flubber, his gravity-defying formula for flying rubber! You'll visit Medfield College and delight in the fun when Professor Brainard (Fred MacMurray) uses Flubber to put more bounce in the basketball team, fly a Model "T" Jalopy over Washington, D.C., and save Medfield College from financial ruin! Join a brilliant cast full of your favorite Disney stars: Ed Wynn as Medfield's bumbling Fire Chief, Keenan Wynn as the evil-minded Alonzo Hawk, and Nancy Olson as the college secretary who the Professor has absent-mindedly left at the altar ... three times! It's high-flying fun for the entire family!
A professor invents an anti-gravity goo called flubber that makes anything it's applied to lighter-than-air.
- Followed by a sequel, 1963's "Son of Flubber."
- The Walt Disney laserdisc #028AS is letterboxed to produce a cropped 1.85:1 aspect ratio, falling short of the original aspect ratio of 2.35:1.
- Kurt Russell made his first film appearance with a bit part in "The Absent-Minded Professor."
- Copyright The Walt Disney Company.