Grateful Dead Wake of The Flood (Expanded & Remastered)
13 copies available
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 7, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Grateful Dead / WEA
- 1.Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo
- 2.Let Me Sing Your Blues Away
- 3.Row Jimmy
- 4.Stella Blue
- 5.Here Comes Sunshine
- 6.Eyes Of The World
- 7.Weather Report Suite: Prelude / Part I/Part II (Let It Grow)
- 8.Eyes Of The World (Live)
- 9.Weather Report Suite (Studio Acoustic Demo): Prelude / Part I/Part II (Let It Grow)
- 10.China Doll (Studio Outtake)
Originally released on Grateful Dead (4002).
Grateful Dead: Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir (vocals, guitar); Bill Kreutzmann (vocals, keyboards); Phil Lesh (bass instrument); Donna Jean Godchaux (background vocals).
Personnel: Sarah Fulcher (vocals); Doug Sahm (12-string guitar); Vassar Clements (violin); Matthew Kelly (harmonica); Martin Fierro (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Frank Morin (tenor saxophone); Joe Ellis , Bill Atwood (trumpet); Pat O'Hara (trombone); Benny Velarde (timbales).
Additional personnel: Martin Fierro (saxophone); Doug Sahm, Joe Ellis , Matthew Kelly , Benny Velarde, Bill Atwood, Sarah Fulcher, Frank Morin, Pat O'Hara, Vassar Clements.
Audio Mixer: Tom Flye.
Liner Note Authors: Peter Coyote; Tom Anderson .
Recording information: Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (08/04/1973-09/07/1973); Record Plant, Sausalito, CA (08/04/1973-09/07/1973).
Photographers: Ed Perlstein; Michael Putland; Hugh Brown ; Bruce Polonsky.
The Grateful Dead took a 3-year hiatus from the studio after cutting their iconic AMERICAN BEAUTY. When they returned, they made WAKE OF THE FLOOD, which finds the band at a transitional point between the country-folk influences of their earlier work and the art-rock adornments forthcoming on efforts like TERRAPIN STATION. The result is an album of finely crafted songs that bows to familiar roots conventions while exploring some intriguing new ground.
"Eyes of the World" and "Weather Report Suite" are extended, complex pieces, among the jazziest things the Dead ever recorded, and they have the inviting air of discovery about them. Robert Hunter and Jerry Garcia's songwriting hits a peak on the delicate ballad "Stella Blue" and the bouncy, uplifting "Here Comes Sunshine." Though WAKE OF THE FLOOD doesn't quite match up to the incendiary chemistry captured on the Dead's live sets, there is still plenty of strong group interaction here, making it one of their finest studio releases of the era.
Grateful DeadGrateful Dead (Skull & Roses) (Expanded & Remastered)
Grateful Dead - Relix, The Book: The Grateful Dead...(4)
$11.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 80s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule - Volume 1 - Disc 4 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE