The Alarm The Best of The Alarm
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Simple Minds ~ The Best of Simple Minds (2-CD) ~ $16.05
- by The Alarm ~ Greatest Hits Live ~ $12.29
- by The Cult ~ Pure Cult: The Singles 1984-1995 ~ $15.28
- by The Fixx ~ Ultimate Collection ~ $6.44
- by Echo & The Bunnymen ~ The Very Best of More Songs to Learn And Sing (CD+DVD) ~ $24.26
- Released: April 4, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Sixty Eight Guns
- 2.Spirit Of '76
- 3.Rain In The Summertime
- 5.Sold Me Down The River
- 6.A New South Wales
- 7.The Stand
- 8.Where Were You Hiding When The Storm Broke?
- 10.The Deceiver
- 11.Blaze Of Glory
- 12.Walk Forever By My Side
- 13.One Step Closer To Home
- 14.Presence Of Love
- 15.Absolute Reality
- 16.Rescue Me
- 17.Unsafe Building (Live)
- 18.Knocking On Heaven's Door (Live)
- 19.Love Don't Come Easy
- 20.45 R.P.M.
- 21.It's Alright / It's OK (New Song)
Alarm & Mike Peters/Mike Peters (Alarm)/Alarm MMVI/The Alarm: James Stevenson , Mike Peters (guitar); Craig Adams (bass guitar, background vocals); Steve Grantley.
Personnel: Dave Sharp (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 12-string guitar, slide guitar, background vocals); Mike Peters (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harmonica, background vocals); James Stevenson (electric guitar, background vocals); John Porter (slide guitar, programming, drum programming); Ian Fairlie (trumpet); Mark Taylor (piano, keyboards); Chris Stainton, Rupert Black, Alan Shacklock (piano); Eddie Macdonald (keyboards, background vocals); Nigel Twist (drums, percussion, programming, drum programming, background vocals); Steve Grantley (drums, background vocals); Chris Porter, Craig Adams , Tony Visconti (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: David Leonard ; Martin Wilding; Mike Jones ; Nigel Luby.
Recording information: BBC Recording Studios, Cardiff, Wales (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); EMI Abbey Road Studios, London, England (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); Foel Studios, Llanfair Caereinion, Wales (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); Good Earth, London, England (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); Great Linford Manor, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, En (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); Marcus (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); Ramport Studios, London, England (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); Redan (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); The Chapel, Wales (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); The Gathering, N.W.C.C., Llandudno, Wales (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); The Orpheum, Boston, MA (02/03/1983-01/13/2001); The Skylight Suite (02/03/1983-01/13/2001).
Led by singer-songwriter Mike Peters, Welsh band the Alarm rose to a modest level of success in the 1980s by offering up a slightly more straightforward variation on the U2/Simple Minds "big rock" template. This career-spanning 21-track collection features Alarm classics such as the punky "Sixty Eight Guns" and the poppy "Rain in the Summertime," along with a handful of late-period songs, most notably the propulsive "Superchannel" and "45 R.P.M.," which garnered the group a surprise 2003 hit under the alias "the Poppy Fields." For the uninitiated, this is an excellent introduction to the Alarm, and for old fans, it's a nice one-stop purchase.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Yellowjackets Greenhouse (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE