- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 7, 2008
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai
- Subtitles - Chinese, English, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Empire - 02/01/2009
3 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he cast keep it zinging along to the Kleenex-ready conclusion."
In this tragic drama of consequences, Dermott Mulroney stars as a doctor who can't bear to tell his wife that their newborn daughter suffers from Down Syndrome. Decades later, after claiming the baby was stillborn and surreptitiously charging a nurse to take her to a shelter for the mentally ill, the troubled doctor learns the girl has in fact grown into a bright, attractive woman whose reemergence in his life serves as a flesh-and-blood reminder of his deepest, darkest secret...and causes a fatal rift among the entire family. Emily Watson and Gretchen Mol co-star in this engaging Lifetime Original movie based on Kim Edwards's novel.
Description by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment:
In 1964, Dr. David Henry (Dermot Mulroney) separated his daughter from her twin brother to hide the daughter's Down Syndrome from his wife. Entrusting the baby to a nurse (Emily Watson), David cut off all contact to focus on his wife (Gretchen Mol)and his son. Over the next 25 years, his disabled daughter grows into a beautiful adult while David watches the rest of his family fall apart, knowing he can never reveal his darkest secret.