The Moody Blues Keys of The Kingdom
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 18, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: MCA Special Products
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Moody Blues: Ray Thomas (vocals, tambourine); Justin Hayward (vocals, guitar); John Lodge (vocals, bass); Graeme Edge (drums).
Additional personnel: Jamie Talbot (alto saxophone); Nigel Hitchcock (tenor saxophone); Guy Barker (trumpet); Peter Beachill (trombone); Patrick Moraz (keyboards); Amy Duncan (drums); Bias Boshell, Paul Bliss (programming); Stephen Mear (tap dance sequence); Pro Arte Orchestra Of London.
Producers: Christopher Neil, Alan Tarney, Tony Visconti.
Engineers: Tony Visconti, Pete Jones, Gerry Kitchingham.
Recorded at Olympic Studios, R.G. Jones Studios and The Hit Factory in London, England.
Personnel: Jamie Talbot (alto saxophone); Nigel Hitchcock (tenor saxophone); Guy Barker (trumpet); Pete Beachill (trombone); Patrick Moraz (keyboards); Andy Duncan (drums); Bias Boshell (programming, keyboard programming, drum programming); Paul Bliss (keyboard programming, drum programming).
Audio Mixers: John Hudson; Tony Visconti.
Recording information: Hit Factory, London, England; Olympic Studios, London, England; R.G. Jones Studios, London, England.
Illustrator: Satori .
Photographers: Brian Aris; Andie Airfix.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Patrick Moraz; Pro Arte Orchestra .
Arranger: Anne Dudley.
Released a decade after the Moodies' comeback album LONG DISTANCE VOYAGER, KEYS hammered home the point that the world's oldest art-rock band had no plans to fade away. While VOYAGER added a light '80s production sheen to the group's trademark sound, KEYS finds the group leaping whole-heartedly into state-of-the-art arrangements replete with electronic-sounding percussion, sequencers, and cavernous reverb. "Say What you Mean" even ventures into dance music. This being a Moody Blues album, there are respites like the acoustic-based ballad "Is This Heaven," but the bulk of KEYS is given over to radio-ready power ballads. It's important to remember, though, that these are the guys who invented the power ballad, so they've earned the right to coast on the format for a few songs.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 51 ratings.
Based on 51 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Rock & Pop Music Categories:
- !!! As If (CD) ~ $13.81 LABOR DAY
- !!! As If (2LPs) ~ $21.95
- ? and The Mysterians Are You For Real (CD) ~ $11.68
- 10,000 Maniacs Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure & Unknown Recordings (2-CD) ~ $19.37 LABOR DAY
- 10,000 Maniacs In the City of Angels (Live) (CD) ~ $12.54 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE